Education webinar series
The GPSC hosts three series of six webinar sessions about billing GPSC incentive fees and select MSP fees. Series are offered in winter, summer, and fall.
Click here for the latest webinar details, including dates and registration links.
Led by physician educators, the 90-minute webinar sessions help family physicians to increase confidence when billing, better support appropriate billing, improve understanding about fee rules, and bill for all eligible services.
Physicians are encouraged to join the live, scheduled webinars to receive information that is up-to-date information, advice that is relevant, and opportunities for real-time engagement. Webinars are not recorded.
Content details for each webinar session
Session 1: MSP Basics – Introduction to Billing for Family Practice
Targeted to new-to-practice family physicians, and of interest to all family physicians, this session is designed as an introduction to family practice billing and will cover content including:
- General Preamble review
- Basic billing rules
- Basic visit (00100 series)
- Complete physical (00101)
- Counseling (00120)
- House calls
Session 2: GPSC Billing Part 1
- GPSC Preamble overview
- GPSC Portal & Locum portal (14070, 14071)
- Overview of responsibilities for Most Responsible Provider as per GPSC preamble
- Communicating with patients (14076, 14078, 14023)
- Conferencing about patients (14077, 14018, 13005)
- Advice to another provider (13005, 14019, 14021, 14022)
Session 3: GPSC Billing Part 2
- Complex Care (14033, 14075)
- Chronic Disease Management (14050, 14051, 14052, 14053)
Session 4: GPSC Billing Part 3
- Prevention/Personal Health Risk Assessment (14066)
- Mental Health (14043, 14044, 14045, 14046, 14047, 14048)
- Palliative Care (14063)
- Recap of definitions and what can be done face-to-face vs. non face-to-face
Session 5: GPSC Billing Part 4
Targeted to family physicians working in teams, including family physicians who are part of primary care networks, this cumulative session reviews content covered in sessions one through four, as well as:
- Billing in Team Based Care Environments
- Delegation & Communication
Session 6: Case-based exercises
Participants in this session will be led through more challenging, complex family practice billing scenarios. This cumulative session includes all content covered in sessions one through five, including all GPSC incentives and relevant MSP fees covered to-date.
Billing experts can help family physicians:
- Triage billing issues and inquiries to find the person best able to answer the concern.
- Accurately interpret fee rules (within the larger context of other fee items).
- Reduce missed or rejected billings.
- Prevent inappropriate billing practices.
- Forward unresolved billing issues and enquiries to the appropriate higher levels as necessary for resolution.
Family physicians who have questions about GPSC billing are encouraged to directly contact billing experts available through GPSC Incentives Program, Doctors of BC, or BC Family Doctors (login required).