The Panel Development Incentive recognizes the time and effort that family doctors and their practice teams take to identify their active patients, develop patient registries, and establish new processes for providing planned proactive care to respond to patients’ chronic and preventative care needs.
*Claim forms two and three are available
As of June 10, 2019, the PDF version
- Payment 1 ($2,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors commit to completing phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management within 12 months after claiming payment 1 of the Incentive.
- Payment 2 ($1,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors complete phase one and two of the Phases of Panel Management.
- Payment 3 ($3,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors complete phase three of the Phases of Panel Management.
Contact email@example.com for support with the Panel Development Incentive and its payment claim forms.
For support with panel management, doctors can access in-practice supports, including coaching and EMR-based tools by contacting a PSP Regional Support Team.
To be eligible for the Panel Development Incentive, you must:
- Be a family physician practicing in British Columbia.
- Be the Most Responsible Physician/Provider (MRP) for a known panel of patients.
- Intend to remain the MRP for your patient panel for at least the next 12 months.
- Be using an EMR system to document and manage patient medical information (including medical history, tests, diagnosis, and treatments) in the clinic you are undertaking panel management.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Patient Medical Home by completing the GPSC PMH Assessment within the last 12 months. The GPSC PMH Assessment is an electronic assessment that highlights practice strengths and suggests opportunities for improvements, in relation to the 12 PMH attributes.
- Commit to completing phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management in the next 12 months.
Each eligible family doctor can claim the Panel Development Incentive only once.
Doctors who have already completed some or all of the Phases of Panel Management with PSP support are eligible to receive the incentive, less any sessional payments claimed for PSP supported panel work occurring after September 11, 2018, and provided that the incentive eligibility requirements noted above have been met.
 The GPSC defines a MRP as a physician who takes responsibility for providing and coordinating the ongoing care and management of a patient. This includes coordinating clinical services delegated to other providers, ensuring cross coverage when MRP is unavailable, and coordinating referrals to specialty care when needed.
Eligible family doctors must complete and submit a claim form to request Incentive payment.
The below claim forms must be submitted in the following sequence:
- Payment Claim Form 1: Eligibility and Commitment
- Payment Claim Form 2: Phase 1 and 2 Completion*
- Payment Claim Form 3: Phase 3 Completion*
To confirm completion of phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management, doctors must submit sections of their completed Panel Management Workbook. Once submitted, the Workbook will be reviewed for completion by GPSC staff. Doctors may be contacted by GPSC staff if additional information or clarification is needed. Please refer to the downloadable FAQs for tips on how to complete the Workbook.
*Claim forms two and three are available for doctors who are submitting the PDF version of the Panel Management Workbook. Doctors using the online version of the Workbook can submit claim forms two and three from within the Workbook.
As of June 10, 2019, the PDF version is no longer available. To access a unique URL to their online Workbook, doctors must submit Incentive claim form one.