Panel Development Incentive
The GPSC’s Panel Development Incentive recognizes the upfront time and effort that family doctors and their practice teams take to understand their patient data, develop patient registries, and establish new processes for ongoing panel management (a process of proactively managing a defined population of patients, using EMR data to identify and respond to patients’ chronic and preventative care needs).
To help family doctors and their teams implement and sustain panel management, the GPSC has developed the Panel Management Manual and Workbook, a step-by-step guide of how to complete the Phases of Panel Management. Once the Manual and Workbook is completed by the practice team, it is intended to serve as a clinic manual for current and future team members outlining specific panel management processes that have been implemented in each practice.
The Panel Management Manual and Workbook has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 75 Mainpro+ credits, three credits per hour for up to 25 hours. Please refer to the downloadable FAQs for tips on how to complete the Manual and Workbook.
Valued at $6,000, the Panel Development Incentive consists of three payments:
- Payment 1 ($2,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors commit to completing phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management within 12 months after claiming payment 1 of this incentive.
- Payment 2 ($1,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors have indicated that they have completed phase one and two of the Phases of Panel Management by submitting a copy of their GPSC Panel Management Manual and Workbook. Please refer to the downloadable FAQs for tips on how to complete the Manual and Workbook.
- Payment 3 ($3,000) can be claimed after eligible family doctors have indicated that they have completed phase three of the Phases of Panel Management by submitting a copy of their GPSC Panel Management Manual and Workbook. Please refer to the downloadable FAQs for tips on how to complete the Manual and Workbook.
Contact email@example.com for support with the Panel Development Incentive and its payment claim forms.
Doctors interested in undertaking the Phases of Panel Management and claiming the Panel Development Incentive are encouraged to access in-practice supports, including coaching and EMR-based tools. To participate, contact your PSP Regional Support Team.
To be eligible for the Panel Development Incentive, doctors must:
- Be a full-service family physician* providing longitudinal general practice care to patients in BC.
- Use an EMR system to manage patient information in the clinic where panel management is undertaken.
- Demonstrate commitment to the patient medical home by completing the GPSC PMH Assessment in the 12 months prior to claiming the incentive. The GPSC PMH Assessment is an electronic assessment that highlights practice strengths and suggests opportunities for improvements, in relation to the 12 PMH attributes. To request access to the GPSC PMH Assessment, please contact your PSP Regional Support Team.
- Commit to completing phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management in the 12 months after claiming payment 1 of the incentive.
Each eligible family doctor can claim the Panel Development Incentive only once.
Doctors who have already completed some or all of the Phases of Panel Management with PSP support are eligible to receive the incentive, less any sessional payments claimed for PSP supported panel work occurring after September 11, 2018, and provided that the incentive eligibility requirements noted above have been met.
*The GPSC defines a “full-service family physician” as the family physician who provides continuous comprehensive care to his/her patients and takes responsibility for the coordination of care needs for these patients.
Eligible family doctors must complete and submit an online claim form to request incentive payment. The below claims forms must be submitted in the following sequence:
- Payment Claim Form 1: Eligibility and Commitment
- Payment Claim Form 2: Phase 1 and 2 Completion
- Payment Claim Form 3: Phase 3 Completion
To confirm completion of phase one, two, and three of the Phases of Panel Management, doctors must upload a copy of their completed GPSC Panel Management Manual and Workbook with Payment Claim Form 2 and Payment Claim Form 3. Please refer to the downloadable FAQs for tips on how to complete the Manual and Workbook. Once submitted, your Manual and Workbook will be reviewed for completion by GPSC staff. You may be contacted by GPSC staff if additional information or clarification is needed.