Patient Medical Homes (PMH) and Primary Care Networks (PCN)
The following are tools and resources developed by the GPSC to support doctors and divisions of family practice with their patient medical home work. As these materials will be regularly updated, please check back often.
For tools and resources created by local divisions, click here.
- Strengthening Primary Care in BC (2018)
- Implementation of the Integrated System of Primary and Community Care (2017)
- Key Information: patient medical home model (2017)
- Graphic: 12 attributes of a PMH in BC
- FAQ: PMH funding information session (Presentation)
- Presentation: Foundation for transformation by Dr Paul Grundy
- BCMJ column: Working together to create an integrated system of care
- Published annually by the Ministry, the Information Resource Manual contains statistics based on fee-for-service billings across the province.
- PHSA’s Community Profiles provide local data for use by health authorities and local governments to support community health planning and decision making.
- BC Stats produces area profiles can be generated for a community or region of interest.
- Statistics Canada produces several products that are available to the public at.
- The Canadian Institute for Health Information produces many annual and semi-annual reports such as Physicians in Canada
- Your Health System is an interactive tool that allows users to select regions and indicators for display of comparison data.
- Panel Assessment
A process that supports the clean-up of patient data (in EMRs) that can be used to inform planned, proactive care.
- Practice Characteristics Matrix
A guide that illustrates the continuum of the 12 attributes.
Downloadable PDF | Printable large poster
- Practice Assessment
An e-survey that highlights practice strengths and suggests opportunities for improvements, in relation to the 12 attributes.
- Patient Experience Tool
An e-questionnaire that collects patients' perspectives on their visits to a GP's practice.