Musculoskeletal conditions can be difficult to identify and manage. In this learning module, you will gain the knowledge, tools, and resources to expedite diagnosis, assess psycho-social needs, help patients deal with pain, and develop patients’ self-management skills. The module focuses on four of the most common conditions: osteoarthritis, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis
You will learn how to:
• Identify red flags and make a correct diagnosis;
• Implement new approaches for improving chronic disease management;
• Move the practice from reactive, episodic care to a planned, proactive approach;
• Use patient registries and an automated patient recall system;
• Enhance overall communication with patients;
• Provide patients with education about their condition and effective self-management, and
• Improve collaboration with specialists, allied health professionals and community-based resources.
While the Musculoskeletal module was developed with family doctors in mind, medical office assistants are welcome to participate.